CENTRAL POINT POLICE CONCEALED HANDGUN LICENSE CLASS
Central Point Police Department is proud to announce we will be teaching the required class for the issuance of concealed handgun licenses. This class will be taught by two of our Certified Firearms Instructors in a classroom environment. These instructors bring over 40 years of experience in both law enforcement firearms safety and civilian firearms concealed carry.
We are excited to offer this class in a non-threatening environment for those who would like to learn about firearms or to earn their concealed handgun license. Listed below are topics that we will cover in this course:
- Handgun safety
- Firearms and the law
- Holster and carry methods that are safe and effective
- Choosing a gun and caliber appropriate for you
- Selecting appropriate ammunition
- Handgun security and accessibility
- Interacting with Police while carrying concealed
- Where you can and can NOT carry
- Understanding “Use of Force”
- Discussion of scenarios such as "What would you do if…?"
- What to expect in various situations involving self-defense
The Central Point Police Department views this class as an opportunity to teach responsible gun ownership for individuals wanting information regarding firearms in a safe environment. Students will not bring their weapons to this class.
The cost of the class is $30 and the proceeds help to fund our Explorers and scholarship program. *Pre-registration for the class is required.*
To register, please call the Central Point Parks and Recreation Department at (541) 664-3321, extension #130.